What information we collect
CU Building Group may collect personal information from you including your name, address, telephone number, and email address, when you knowingly provide us with information via this website.
How we use this information
Once you have submitted your information to CU Building Group, we may store, process and use this information to improve our services and to improve the user experience on this website. Please note, CU Building Group may disclose this information to its affiliated companies in Australia and China, as well as suppliers, contractors, agents for the purpose of providing services that you have ordered and/or requested.
By providing us with your personal information, you agree to accept periodical offers or information on goods or services sent by CU Building Group, of which we feel are relevant and of interest to you. CU Building Group may also allow that information to be given to third parties for a similar purpose unless you have clearly indicated that this is not to occur.
Personal information that you submit to us including your name, address, telephone number and other information you may provide, may be disclosed to a third party:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted; or
- for the purpose of processing and delivering your request; or
- we have your consent to share the information; or
- if we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information; or
If your personal information is collected in connection with a joint promoter, to that joint promoter for marketing and research purposes.
Access, accuracy and security
CU Building Group will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. CU Building Group will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. You may access and request correction of any personal information concerning you at any time. You may also request that we delete your personal information at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by emailing us via our contact page.
CU Building Group will not collect use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted in the Australian Privacy legislation.
The aim of the dispute resolution process, such as conciliation, negotiation or mediation, is to reach a settlement that will resolve the complaint of the individual.
Remedies for privacy related complaints may include one or more of the following:
- an apology to the individual
- being provided with access to information
- correction or amendment of a record
- CU Building Group improving systems or procedures, including changed or upgraded security arrangements for personal information
- privacy notices being changed or updated
- staff training for CU Building Group
- If an individual is not satisfied with the outcome, the individual may make a complaint to the InformationCommissioner under S 36 of the Privacy Act.
Data breach notification
If an eligible data breach is reported CU Building Group will take all reasonable steps to ensure an assessment is completed within 30 days. If an eligible data breach is confirmed, as soon as practicable we will provide a statement to each of the individuals whose data was breached or who are at risk, including details of the breach and recommendations of the steps individuals should take. A copy of the statement will also be provided to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Disclosures and transfers
CU Building Group and the ABN Group do not disclose personal information to third parties except if:
- We have the individual’s permission to make the disclosure;
- The disclosure is for warranty purposes, meaning we will pass on the details necessary for a customer to be
- covered by individual manufacturer warranties for some of the appliances we install in their home;
- The disclosure is permitted by law or mandatory professional standards;
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets;
- The personal information to be disclosed is publicly available;
- The party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with CU Building Group
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims;
- The disclosure is on a confidential basis to agents that we use in the ordinary course of operating our business such as for data processing, printing or mailing; or
- The disclosure is to persons or entities for which we are providing services, provided the disclosure is consistent with the purpose for which the personal information was obtained.
Each time you visit the Web Site our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server’s IP address.
CU Building Group may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the Web Site is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and improve our web site performance.
A Cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit our Web Site. The Cookie is stored on your machine, but does not identify you or give us any information about your computer.
A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our Web Site and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on the Site. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more.
Links to other sites
CU Building Group may provide links to other sites. If you use these links, you will leave our Web Site and we are not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information. We advise that you check the privacy policies on those sites.
Please contact us if you wish to discuss any privacy issues, or if you do not wish to receive any future communications from CU Building Group.
Recent NewsSee All News
Property investment is one of the most popular ways in which to build wealth, thanks to its tangible nature and ability to increase in value year on y...
Q1 – 2019
Whilst the holiday season is upon us and the new year brings with it new beginnings and opportunities for our clients, it is our pleasure to announce ...
Perth – one of the world’s most liveable cities
Whilst Perth may be the most isolated capital city in the world, it brings with it a wealth of opportunity for would-be investors to snap up a slice o...